Friday, March 4, 2011

What's your bra size?

I'm an huge fan of langerie. Corsets, bustiers, stockings, sexy stuff yeah baby!

Most of us don't know our real bra size, Cup B, C, A? Size 39, 40, 32???? Most just go to stores and try differente sizes of bras until find one that "fits".

Do it fit? Simple questions : Sometimes your boob goes peek-a-boob? When you raise your arms the bra moves? Maybe it's not the right one for you.

I used to be 32B, but, when I gained some weight my boobs got much bigger. I needed to start all over again my langerie collection. sniff sniff.  : (

I got this chart from a specialized Bra Fitting Store in Lisbon. It may help you finding if your bra size is really the right one. On the horizontal colluns you can find your cup size and on the vertical the underband size, the cross between the two is your actual bra size.
This chart are in centimetres.


How to measure?
First you need to measure your ribcage right under your bust. Then, some say that your underband size others say to subtract 5cm. The reason why 5 cm is because after a few uses the bra underband starts to get more loose. If you take that 5cm off it's more likely that your bra will last more.
Another tip. If the underband is upper or lower on the back it means that the size is wrong.

Then, for the cup size, you need to measure your bust in the fullest part. Take that size and cross on the table chart above.

Tip: Do this naked to more accurate sizes.

Example: I have 79cm under my bust, subtract 5cm and I got the underband size 34. My bust on the fullest part is 97cm, for 34 underband, 97 cm of bust means cup DD. I have a bra size 34 DD.

NOTE: not all bra shapes can work with this chart. This one works for me on full cup bras and bras with cleavage ( plunge). Demi cup need to be a bigger cup.


 
La Senza Bras ( Demi/balconette, Full and plunge)

Ok , you found out that you have, for instance, a 32 FF size. You never saw a bra size like that on stores. It's because most of the brands only start using DD+ cups on 36+ underbands. And that literally sucks! It's really hard to find a bra that fits and that doesn't cost a fortune!
I can only find my size at Primark and La Senza in Portugal.
La Senza it's a good brand in terms of price/quality of the products. It's part of Victoria Secret's group so you can always find cute, sexy and girly langerie, and you can find almost EVERY BRA SIZE!
I recently bought 5 panties for €15! In UK you can buy 3 for £10 and in USA and Canada you can buy 5 for $25.
They're so cute and flirty. Love the ruffles and the patterns. Mine are all satin briefs. First because I love how they feel and second, the colors don't wash off!


My briefs
They're unused ( see the tag?), don't worry!


Please let me know if you tried the size chart and if it differs from the size you're buying. ;)

kisses

0 Comments: