Friday, March 11, 2011
Got ELF?
Eyes Lip Face (ELF) is a online cosmetics brand that sells affordable cosmetics.
I've heard so much about the quality of ELF studio brushs that I decided to order some.
For girls like me, living in Europe, ELF UK is a bitter sweet shopping experience. It's an affordable brand beating almost every store price avaliable, at least in Potugal. But compared to the US store, the prices are much higher. :(
A few days ago, ELF UK had a facebook discount of 20%off the studio line and this is what I bought.
| ELF products |
I desperately needed a few more brushes, brush cleanser (mine from Make up Forever is runnig out) and an eyelash curler. The primer and the eyebrow "Treat and Tame" weren't essential, I just wanted to try them out. hihi...
My first impressions of the brushes.
| yay! brushes! |
I bought:
1x small smudge brush ( eyes)
1x powder brush ( face)
1x contour brush ( eyes)
1x concealer brush ( face)
1x eyeshadow C brush ( eyes)
1x small precision blush ( eyes, lips)
1x smal angled brush (eyes, lips, brows)
1x stipple brush ( face)
They were perfectly packed in that hard plastic bag.
The bag is tottaly reusable. It has the brush name on it and is perfect for storing the brushes while traveling.
They all have a description in a silver paper, direction and how to apply it. It comes really handy for those who don't really know the full uses of the brush. It's a nice touch.
A Huge bonus: the bristles are black! I really don't like white bristles, some of my pigments stain and is nearly impossible to restore the whiteness. Only the stipple brush has white bristles.
All have Taklon bristles.
| Stipple and Powder brush |
I bought this powder brush because of it's flat top. Perfect for higlight and contour. I had a Mabelline kabuki brush but I found it harsh on my skin. This two are really soft! All of them are super soft!
| small precision brush and small smudge brush |
This two flat tiny brushes will be perfect for contouring lips and small precision applications on the eye area. They're very similar to each other, they only slighty differ in size and top.
| Comparison contour brush ELF and Sigma E30. |
The ELF contour brush is defnetly more dense and has more bristles than the Sigma E30. The softness is equally good on both. They also have a different shape.
Notice the stained bristles on the top of the E30 that I was talking earlier?
| Comparisson Concealer brush ELF and Sigma E70 |
Sigma E70 bristles are longer but the brush is hard to use. ELF, on the opositte has smaller thinner bristles but they are extra soft and gentle on the eye area, much more easy to blend the concealer.
| Comparisson ELF Eyeshadow C and Bottega Verde Eyeshadow brushes |
This Bottega Verde eyeshadow brush was the first brush I bought. It has a sentimental value to me and never let me down. It's soft and precise.
The ELF Eyeshadow C brush is thicker without loosing the soft touch. I guess one is better in covering the entire eye lid that the other. The disavantage on the ELF is that the bristles consume more product than the Bottega Verde's brush.
| Comparisson ELF small angled brush and Sephora Brow Brush |
Sephora's brush was a big dispointment for me. The bristles are super harsh for me to do a propper eyeliner line and it's stiff.
ELF's small angled brush is soft and gives a precise application. It's one of my favourite ELF brushes so far.
| Did I mention they're HUGE compared to my other brushes? ahahah |
XoXo.


3 Comments:
wow.. I love the comparison! Do you mind if I use your review as reference? I will give you credit!
March 12, 2011 at 12:17 AMPS I'm still waiting for mine to come =( hate their shipping. It takes forever!
Tahnk you dear! of course you can use my review. Share your post link later for me to check it out ;)
March 12, 2011 at 8:45 AMthe shipping was ok for me, about one week or so.
xoxo
ELF is not available here in Quebec and the shipping fees from the website are insane, so I was super happy to come accross ELF Mechanical Eyelash Curler at my local dollar store! What a afind! It's my favorite eyelash curler ever! x
March 12, 2011 at 12:33 PMPost a Comment