Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Concealer Review Saga part 1

Concealer Saga: Part I 



Every has something to cover, from a little redness to deep eye circles. I'm no exception to that.
But like everybody else, I tried a lot of concealer until I found the right one ( or in my case the right ones).
So I have 2 cream concealers, two liquid and one powder. The reason I have so many is for makeup purposes: If I want more coverage, if my problem is unde eye circles or if I want to cover the redness in my skin that the foundation didn't hide.

Cream Concealers ( Benefit and Oriflame)


Erase Paste (Benefit)
  • Price: medium/high
  • Amount of product: Infinite 
  • Coverage: Medium
  • Tone: Fair
  • Extra: Works as a highlighter.
  • Overall: 3.5/5

This medium coverage concealer from Benefit works also as an highlither. It's great for every day makeup because it's coverage and also gives the skin some lightness.
Just one downside is the requirement of a concealer brush and it's not a good concealer for touch ups though the day.

Conceal Kit (Oriflame)
  • Price: medium/low
  • Amount of product: Average
  • Coverage: Industrial coverage
  • Tone: from fair to medium
  • Extra: Versatility
  • Overall: 4/5

One of my recent tests and probably one to stay! This works great for heavy makeup and as a industrial concealer (hides everything from dark circles to pimples). The three colors (yellow, green and nude) allow you to hide and disguise every imperfection you have and it's a buildable concealer so you can work your way to acheive the coverage you need.
 The downside is that you don't have another tone for the nude so it only works from fair to medium.
Swatches (The last one is from Benefit's Erase Paste)


2 Comments:

Amy said...

I want to try Erase Paste, But I have never heard of the other one you reviewed here.
Also, I really love your Blog layout! It's so cute. Love the pin-ups at the top! :) x

May 17, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Unknown said...

Hi Amy! I'm so glad you liked it! The other one is from Oriflame. It's a Catalog Company like Avon ( check oriflame.com to see if it's avaliable in your country)

May 17, 2012 at 10:22 AM